Sunday, August 12, 2012

There is a new challenge at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog. It is a photo challenge using the photo below for inspiration.

This picture reminded me that my grandchildren will be returning to school soon, so I decided to make a 1st day of school card. When looking through my Bugaboo Digi Stamps I thought Ava and Sean were perfect for my card.

All the card stock and ribbon are from my stash. "Your on your way" sentiment is from Fiskars School Days clear stamp set. Stamped with StazOn ink. I colored Ava and Sean with my Spectrum Noir markers. I added some Stickles from Ranger to Ava's hair ribbon, buttons, the leaf on the apple and Seans flowers. I covered the apple with Glossy Accents from Ranger to add shine. I wrote ABC and 123 with a white Gelly Roll pen. I cut Sean and Ava out, I put Ava on the card with double sided adhesive. I put Sean on the card with foam dots to give a little demention and make it look like he is standing in front of the chalk board. I had a lot of fun making this card. Thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, and I really like the vivid colors and coloring. Sean looks great popped up! Hope the grandkids are looking forward to their first day. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Catch the Bug and for using Bugaboo images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable card! Congratulations on winning the Mulberry Woods stamp set at Crafter's Companion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card thanks so much for joining us at Catch the bug! I hope you will join us again very soon! Thanks for using a Bugaboo image!

    ReplyDelete