Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shaker Card Tutorial

This is a shaker card I made using the Bugaboo Stamp - Stella CRS.
I printed out the digi stamp onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock. I then colored Stella with alcohol markers.

Next I used a razor knife to cut out the C R & S. Do this step carefully, you don't want to lose a finger!

After cutting out the letters I cut out a piece of acetate large enough to cover all the cut out letters. I applied double backed super sticky tape to the acetate.

 
I then adhered the acetate to the backside of the card, covering the cutout letters.

 
Next I applied double backed foam mounting tape around the edges of the acetate. Make sure not to leave any gaps in your tape where the beads can escape.

 
Now your ready to add your seed beads. I used multi-colored beads. After adding beads, remove paper liner and stick a pre-cut piece of cardstock over the beads. You don't have to use beads, you can use what ever you like to fill your card. I made my Granddaughters cards filled with small candies.

 
Now your ready to decorate your shaker card any way you choose. Here is how I decorated mine.

Washi tape across the top if the card.
Flowers I made with PaperStudio Spare Parts Flower petals and leaves and brads from my stash.
Gem Stones from PaperStudio.
I hope you like my shaker card, I had fun making it.
Thank you for stopping by, leave me a message so I will know you were here. Have a Great Day!
 
I am entering this card in the following challenge: Lady Anne's Challenges - Stamp Anything Goes #8

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! So much work went into this fabulous shaker card. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.Elizabeth, DT at Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh blimey Kathy - this one is so up my street!!! I just really laughed out loud when I saw it. I was checking Lady Anne's Challenge site and saw this one - so being a nosey so and so I thought I would check it out. I think it is brilliant. I hope you make loads more humorous cards.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue. We have a lot in common, I too, am a nosey so and so and I love humorous cards. Please come back and visit often.

      Delete