Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stampendous September Challenge

This months challenge at Stampendous Blog is Embossing Techniques. I used Stampendous Autumn Words for the background. I embossed with a copper colored embossing powder. I embossed Happy Halloween from Recollections and the bats from Studio112 with black embossing powder. I then used Stampendous Steampunk Owl and I embossed it with the copper embossing powder also. Then I colored it with watercolor pencils. I cut Mr Owl out with a Spellbinder die. I went around the edge with Perfect Pearls by Ranger in a copper color. I attached Steampunk Owl to the card with foam dots to give it a little dimension. Then I added a black ribbon from my stash. I had a lot of fun making this card, I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, Your card is fantastic! I love the look of your embossed owl painted with watercolors. Thanks for playing along with us for this month's Stampendous Saturday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Kathy! Love the products you've chosen for this card! Good luck in the Stampendous Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. Stampendous products are awesome!

      Delete
  3. What a great card Kathy - I love the touch of rust on a b &w card! Thanks for joining us in the Stampendous Sat Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie for your nice comments. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job coloring Mr Owl! Thanks for playing along with Stampendous Embossing Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, I appreciate you taking the time to view and comment on my card.

      Delete